Director of Operations
To apply, submit your application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Application for Employement
Director of Operations
Full-time – 40 hrs / Exempt
President & CEO
1-week paid vacation after 1-year of service, 2-weeks paid vacation after 2-years.
6 sick days per year accumulated at one half-day per month.
Simple IRA retirement plan available after 1-year.
Health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability benefits available.
Serves as the assistant administrator of the organization.
Director of Operations manages communications, programs, and events
- Prepare for and help to execute all Chamber events by coordinating venues, caterers, speakers, preparing program materials, and maintaining records
- Provide quality assurance for the planning, setup, and execution of events.
- Responsible for the creation and coordination of all marketing materials for events and programs. including media releases to press partners.
- Develop and create electronic communication to volunteers and event registrants.
- Track and manage financial results of events.
- Manage all social media for the Chamber.
- Responsible for design, composition, and mailing of membership correspondence.
- Manage, update, and maintain chamber sites including events, photos, news, and other content.
- Assist President/CEO in organizing volunteer committees. Plan meetings, organize committee functions, develop and train new volunteers, and provide resources to the committees.
- Act as project manager for special projects and tasks to improve the organization. This includes projects to increase efficiency, add resources, and add to the relevancy of the Chamber.
- Act as an additional liaison for the Chamber at events and other functions allowing the Chamber to cover a larger area through physical representation.
- Keep minutes of committee meetings. Maintain all minutes for each fiscal year.
- Serve as Director of Patton Leadership Institute including setting agenda, speakers, venue, communications with class and other necessary functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passionate about the Chamber’s mission
- Proven experience in a leadership position in private industry, non-profit organization, foundation, or government agency
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Experience with photo editing and/or design software strongly preferred
- Track record delivering superior results, garnering respect, building consensus, and assuming leadership roles
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humor
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people – junior and senior, for-profit and nonprofit, and from diverse backgrounds
- Operates with excellence in mind in all matters, with the confidence to defend/debate ideas with an attitude of service
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings
- Transparent, direct, with substance
- Self-starter, self-disciplined
- Spark, imagination, creativity
- Remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time limitations